Tuesday, April 29, 2014

G.O. Ecuador: An Experience that Few Have

Amanda and Shanna





Ecuador was an experience that not many people can get. I still have friends that have never left the United States or been on a plane before. This experience taught me more about culture and the struggles people go through in third world countries that many people in the United States do not see first hand. On this trip I was able to see how the children and families of Ecuador manage every day. One thing I notice was that the children were happy, genuinely happy unlike the children here in America. These children are not selfish unlike majority of American kids. These children enjoy playing with each other and playing with anything. When I went to visit the main center of the Center for working families, children were playing tug-of-war with a scarf. I will never understand how much happiness a scarf can bring people and I learned I sometimes take things for granted. On this trip I made friendships with people, met people from all over the world that volunteer at the center. This has been an eye-opening experience for me that created bonds that I might not even have with other people in the future, and for that I am thankful. I experienced culture and people that honestly if it were not for Global Outreach I would never even think about coming to Ecuador.

Thank you, Global Outreach.  

S.Jeudy

No comments:

Post a Comment